Friday, June 5, 2009

Reflection

Any creative pursuit makes you more observant. In fact, anything in which you get involved makes you observant. You sit up and start noticing things. So is painting (or brushes) doing to me these days. When I look at things now, I look at how the light falls, how the shadows form, how the gradient of the colors slope down and where to put that white streak to make a picture come alive. Even when I close my eyes, I can imagine the colors, the shadows on the curtain, the curve, the angle and the evasive white streak.

This is good fun – am improving I guess. But I need more ideas - what to draw and paint? Seems like geometric shapes – circles, straight lines are not my forte on the iphone at least, nevertheless, will keep trying. Landscape is interesting. Hopefully with time and practice, I’ll graduate to better paintings.

1 comment:

  1. hey fruity.. good show.. some of the color gradations are really nice.. landscapes are the best bet on such a small scale.. trees don't NEED to be straight do they :-)

    ReplyDelete